Materials Manager 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MATERIALS MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Materials Manager manages all material functions for the plant. They will evaluate and develop processes and procedures to manage material functions, flow of materials, from supplier through production to the customer, minimum inventory investment, customer service, minimum transportation costs and efficient plant operations.
MATERIALS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures material is delivered on time to provide uninterrupted production and shipment of finished goods.
* Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
* Designs and develops systems and procedures for materials and transportation for an uninterrupted flow of materials for production in accordance with "Just-in-time" delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
* Responsible for visual inventory management systems on the production floor.
* Assists in the development of inventory budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory.
* Develops procedures and requirements for parts suppliers to improve timeliness of parts and materials delivery.
* Provides guidance to plant personnel for the management of inventories at approved operating levels.
* Develops procedures to handle engineering changes during the model year for the plant, suppliers and customer to provide for orderly transition in the flow of materials and production.
* Utilizes and practices methods of continuous improvement.
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years experience in an automotive environment.
* Previous scheduling, shipping/receiving, purchasing and inventory ERP systems experience.
* Strong organizational and planning skills.
* Strong proficiency with computer skills.
* Familiar with all TS-16949 policies and procedures relating to the Materials group (AIAG-MMOG, etc.).