Materials Manager 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for supervising the production planning and purchasing personnel and activities. This individual will support the tactical procurement needs of the Orangeburg facility and interface with Sourcing & Procurement to identify and achieve cost savings. Part of the management team. 6 direct and 55 indirect report to this role
* Consider impact and options to entire supply chain.
* Ensure uninterrupted supply of production support materials.
* Coordinate printed materials to support production.
* Evaluate and propose appropriate order and inventory policies to achieve supply chain goals.
* Collaborate with external partners to ensure continuity of supply chain.
* Ensure adequate supply of all materials required to support manufacturing campaigns.
* Monitor critical requisitions/purchase orders through approval process.
* Collaborate with the Orangeburg site and Corporate Sourcing adaptable and self-directed.
* Excellent leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required, along with a strong work ethic and sound business judgment.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and effectively in a fast paced and high stress environment, be proactive, and follow up on outstanding issues until a successful resolution is achieved is required.
* Solid personal computer skills are required, to include, but not limited to: MS Office software applications with advanced skills in Excel.
* Ability to travel, work off shifts and overtime (including weekends) as needed is required.
* High level of strategic, analytical and planning skills.
* Strong communication and influencing skills.
* Performance oriented/focused and result driven.
* Excellent people leader with strong coaching skills
* Good cross-cultural understanding.