This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead production planning and scheduling. Develop best practice material replenishment systems to ensure material availability to achieve production plan while meeting inventory reduction targets
* Implement and manage cycle count systems to ensure accuracy of inventory transactions throughout the entire inventory value stream
* Utilizes Lean concepts to reduce and manage WIP and inventory and improve material flow
* Develop strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous supply at the best value. Develop supplier performance and quality metrics, monitor supplier performance, and drive corrective actions as required
* Manage daily order volume fluctuations to ensure customer Scorecard targets are achieved. Work closely with preferred logistics partners to determine best cost material transportation
* Ensures controls, inventory levels and flow of materials are consistent with forecasts for manufacturing and customer service requirements
* Assists in formulation of business plan including capital improvements and projection of plant production capabilities
* Lead all environmental material initiatives and material safety related items
* Coordinates with production operations, engineering, maintenance and other departments in the accomplishment of production goals
* Prepares reports and analysis of various cost control, production, labor, quality, facility usage and other reports
* Ensures prompt and economical receipt of materials, supplies and parts. Ensures that plant standards and requirements are met.
* Champion Materials team Lean activities to establish a continuous improvement culture
Bachelor's Degree in Business required, specialization in materials management / supply chain management preferred.
* 3+ years of materials focus experience in a manufacturing environment
* 5+ years of experience in inventory or production control
* SAP experience preferred
* Experience in a manufacturing environment, union experience preferred
* Complete understanding of production planning, MRP and ERP systems
* Must have ability to work with statistical analyses and possess financial acumen
* Strong track record of lean implementation
CPIM certification, preferred