This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team of professionals who are in various locations throughout the US. The successful candidate will be an exceptional educational leader who can take responsibility for leading transformation and promoting continuous quality improvement in high schools that leads to enhanced student achievement, personal growth and wellbeing.
Location: Various - onsite location with clients.
* Work in partnership with the Project Director and team members to develop and support project goals, primarily in mathematics and STEM at the secondary level.
* Analyze teacher performance data and student achievement data to drive school improvement.
* Provide strong customer service and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including coaches, district leaders, teachers, principals, and others.
* Develop and maintain tracking systems for student and teacher data to assess impact of instructional coaching.
* Motivate and influence teachers and educational leaders and generate excitement about innovative approaches to learning and teaching mathematics or other STEM subjects.
* Assess and adjust to the learning needs of your audience or coachee and clearly communicate complex information to a variety of audiences, including internal staff, teachers, school leaders, and district staff in professional development sessions, state or national conferences, and collaborative teacher or departmental meetings.
* Use your strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills to design and facilitate professional development and teacher meetings, support teachers to craft strategic academic interventions that improve student performance, and engage in dialogue with teachers to propose solutions to academic challenges and improve teacher practice.
* Other tasks as deemed necessary.
Candidate Specification Job Requirements:
Recent experience as a principal, department chair, instructional coach, or comparable leadership position in the United States.
* Teaching at the high school level;
* Working effectively in high poverty areas;
* Effectively motivating and engaging traditionally low achieving students;
* Exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills, a positive outlook, and a good sense of humor;
* Working alone capably and willingly and as part of a larger team;
* Demonstrating excellent personal organizational skills;
* Prioritizing work strategically to support individual, team, and organization goals;
* Delivering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment and providing updates and documentation of work planned and completed;
* Delivering difficult and potentially challenging messages effectively and without reservation;
* Using technology including database management, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
* Paying extraordinary attention to detail, and a commitment to producing and delivering consistently high-quality work;
* Demonstrating flexibility and comfort with ambiguity;
* Working effectively with others internally and externally, at all levels, and displaying a high level of professionalism in all interactions..