Serta International - Clear Lake, IAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Serta International Serta International
- Clear Lake, IA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: MATTRESS BUILDER
*1. Places mattress springs on mattress building table.
*2. Attaches mattress components to springs and uses a fastener gun to bind the components.
*3. Flips the mattress over and repeats previous step.
*4. Temporarily attaches border for tape edge operator
*5. Lifts bed and carries to tape-edge work station. Places mattress on stack of mattresses at tape-edge line.
*6. Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Reports any safety issues to supervisor.
*7. Monitors work for quality and sends mattress for re-work if needed.
8. Assists with other mattress supply, build and other plant functions as requested.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Basic ability to read and write English
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Prior assembly or manufacturing experience
Initial training period is approximately 3 weeks; requires ability to reach minimum 125% efficiency on consistent basis after 45 calendar days of service.
1. Good eye/hand coordination
2. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta, Serta Inc. and Federal/State/Local agencies
Work requires a minimum of 100% efficiency. Work involves lifting and or moving materials on a regular basis weighing up to 160 pounds. Work also involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment.
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager and Plant Supervisor; may receive direction from Plant Admin
CAREER PATH POTENTIAL: Tape Edger or other Incentive Operation
Headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, Serta Mattress, a leading manufacturer of bedding products with a commitment to quality and service, has become a global company, maintaining 26 facilities in the United States, four in Canada and many international locations.