DCPMidstream - Denver, CO
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S, DCP Midstream, is proud of the role its 2800 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 States. Jointly owned by ConocoPhillips and Spectra Energy, DCP Midstream is the #1 Oil and Gas Company, and #1 Private Company in Denver, Colorado. (www.dcpmidstream.com)
Plans, directs and manages all gas measurement functions and personnel within assigned area.
1. Leads, develops and implements processes and procedures to measurement data quality control.
2. Approves gas data validity before release to accounting.
3. Approves gas balance release to internal and external customers.
4. Integrates gas measurement data with other company computer systems.
5. Approves measurement adjustments and provides guidance where necessary.
6. Develops and conducts training of measurement staff.
7. Maintains expert level working knowledge and understanding of gas measurement processes and practices.
8. Responsible for identifying and reconciling volume discrepancies between DCP and its customers.
9. Provide measurement station design guidance for his/her assigned assets.
10. Provide guidance to field measurement personnel to insure contract and industry standards compliance.
11. Develop new and modify existing physical flow balances to enable tracking of L&U and measurement performance.
12. Review and edit as needed proposed measurement contract language to insure compliance with company and industry standards and procedures.
13. Analyzes measurement data and equipment to determine root cause of measurement errors or discrepancies. Negotiates volumetric resolutions to these discrepancies with DCP business personnel and customers.
Incumbent will have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
A Bachelor s degree in a related field is encouraged, but not required.
Incumbent has at least 10 years oil and gas measurement experience.
Incumbent will have extensive knowledge of gas measurement data flow processes including AGA3-1985, 1992, and 2000 flow equations and EFM/EGM meter installation, setup and calibration and meter setting/design standards.
Must have strong knowledge of liquid measurement and multi-networked computer systems. Incumbent has a strong understanding of MS Excel, Word, WinCCU, A2P, Queries 1 and 2 database.
Strong understanding of gas measurement devices, orifice, turbine, PD, and ultrasonic meters.
Must have experience will flow computers, Total Flows, Flow Automations, and Bristols.
Must have knowledge in chromatography theory and equipment applications.
Must have basic understanding of NGL measurement, mass and volumetric.