This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Oxy Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Measurement Tech based in Cushing, Oklahoma and/or surrounding field operating areas.
Essential Job Duties:
* Accurate measurement, sampling, operations, and custody transfer of various crude oil types being gathered and transported, following measurement manual procedures and guidelines.
* Reconcile system/segment line balance, system utilization, and quality control.
* Perform batch change operations to ensure effective commodity segregation and quality.
* Performs (L) ACT and tank inspections with associated documentation.
* Measurement security at field locations and stations within area of responsibility.
* Perform various mathematical calculations associated with job duties to ensure accurate quality, quantity.
* Read and understand station flow diagrams, gate maps, and pipeline drawings.
* Interact with various computer programs to generate custody tickets and other operations required to perform assigned duties.
* Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications (in order of priority):
* Education and Ability
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suites, STAR, Maximo).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Reading, writing, and basic math.
* Self motivated and able to work with little supervision.
* Must be a team player and work well with others.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status