This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Global Aviation Services
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: JFK Airport Shops
Mechanics do you want to work for a company that recognizes your passion and commitment? At Global Aviation Services we not only recognize you as a key part of our organization, but we also compensate you by providing exceptional benefits (low-cost health, dental, short term disability and free life and long term disability), set schedules, competitive wages, and a safe and friendly environment. As a full time employee you will also receive free uniforms, education tuition, a wellness plan and profit sharing to name a few.
Global Aviation Services provides comprehensive maintenance solutions that ensure our customers can give their customers the best possible service. We are dedicated to delivering high quality maintenance with skilled technicians who are customer friendly, and operate with a sense of priority and urgency. Our experienced mechanics provide maintenance at many of the largest airports in the United States.
If you have the passion and drive we look for in employees and want to work in a fast paced challenging environment you need to apply today.
* Assist senior mechanics with scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on Ford 700/800 trucks, International trucks and support vans and pickups.
* Assist with diesel engine operation preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Assist with maintenance assignments requiring knowledge of electrical, welding, plumbing, and/or electronic systems.
* Perform minor repairs and simple tasks on equipment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established SOP's and safety procedures.
* Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with company and OSHA standards.
* Clean shop restrooms and break area.
* Take out trash/recycling.
* Prepare and maintain records/reports.
* Assist with service calls.
* Pick up and deliver vehicles and equipment to customers.
* Properly secure all vehicles and equipment.
* Assist in loading and unloading equipment, machinery and materials.
* Order and pick up parts and supplies as needed.
* Keep parts and supplies organized and inventoried.
* Perform related work as required.
* Minimum 6 months of proven repair experience on light duty to heavy-duty vehicles and machine
* Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Basic understanding of repair manuals and instructions.
* Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics, preferred.
* Intermediate computer skills
* Valid driver's license
* Good driving background - ability to be insured on company auto policy.
* Must pass a 10 year background check that includes driving record, education, and drug test.
* Must have a high school diploma or certified GED.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays.
* Possess a basic set of hand tools including a toolbox.
* Able to lift 70 pounds.
Lead, Supervisor or Manager
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Schedule to be determined; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
Superior benefits - As a full-time employee you qualify for:
* Medical Insurance - two options
* Flex and HSA savings options
* Dental Insurance
* Prescription Drug Program
* Vision Care
* Life Insurance/Supplemental Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
* Profit Sharing
* Adoption Benefits
* Wellness/Fitness Benefit
* Educational/Tuition Benefits
* Smoking Cessation Program
* Vacation/Sick/Holiday/Bereavement/Court Service Pay
* Free uniforms and parking