Mechanic - Full-Time Hours + Great Benefits
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Global Aviation Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Buffalo International Airport
Mechanics are you up for the challenge of delivering the best maintained and repaired equipment on the airfield at Buffalo International Airport? If you are, you will enter a job environment that is fast paced, exciting, safe and unique. Our mechanics keep airports moving with their ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain ground service equipment. If you have the mechanical experience and skills required, we will mentor you on all the different aspects of GSE. You will work on simple belt loaders to complex deice vehicles.
At Global Aviation Services we not only recognize you as a key part of our organization, but we compensate our mechanics by providing exceptional benefits, (low-cost health, dental, short term disability, free long term disability and free life insurance two times your annual salary). Full time employees have set schedules, receive competitive wages, a tool allowance, free uniforms, free parking, mentor programs, education tuition, a wellness reimbursement plan, profit sharing and a matching 401(k) plan: to name a few.
If you want to be part of a People First company, with an excellent reputation, apply today.
Performing scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, air & hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures & repairs.
In order to meet the requirements of the position, applicant should have a good background in diagnostics to include: electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic. Most diagnostics are not performed using computer assisted diagnostic tools.
Perform the sequence of operations to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, replace, fabricate, install and adjust components on automotive, fleet, ground equipment & machinery.
Planning and execution of complex maintenance assignments requiring knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and/or electronic systems. In addition, skills in carpentry, painting and/or welding may be required.
Work is performed on a variety of ground support equipment platforms, such as jet engine starters, power supply units, lift platform box trucks, and air cycle air conditioners.
Uses complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment such as but not limited to, load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
* Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience in the mechanical field.
* Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and
codes and instructions on the computer.
* Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
* ASE Certified and or Military AGE experience preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
* Lifting ability up to 70 pounds.
* Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
* Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Schedule to be determined; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
Shop Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
* Medical Insurance with two plan options (Rx included)
* Flex Spending Plan and HSA
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Care
* Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
* 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
* Wellness/Fitness Benefit
* Educational Benefits
* Wellness/Fitness Benefit, Smoking Cessation Program
* Vacation - Sick - Holiday (Two Floating) - Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FT MECHANICS
* Tool Allowance - Bi-Weekly
* Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
* Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance - Yearly
* Free Uniforms
* ASE Certification Pay Increase Program
* Technical Training
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.