This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely.
* Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
* Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
* Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
* Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
* Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
* Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
* Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
* Maintain a clean work area.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic.
* Experience using diagnostic software a plus
* Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
* Obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six (6) months of employment.
* Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.