This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Clemens Food Group
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Mechanic is to perform general mechanical troubleshooting and repair the equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Troubleshoots and solves all mechanical problems. This includes replacement of parts such as bearing, pulleys, belts, chains, or sprockets.
*Repairs/Rebuilds any drive component such as motors, gear reducers, or variable speed drives with the exception of sophisticated equipment which requires special tooling or training not readily available. This also includes follow-through to make sure proper parts are ordered.
*Troubleshoots pneumatic systems including pneumatic cylinders, directional valves, solenoid valves or speed adjusters.
*Rebuilds any of the above pneumatic components.
*Has knowledge of all related hoses and fittings.
*Reads and interprets pneumatic schematics.
*Understands hydraulic equipment and systems.
*Understands all hydraulic components.
*Reads and interprets hydraulic schematics.
*Understands and uses lock-out/tag-out procedures.
*Understands basics of circuit breakers, fuses, starters, or control circuitry.
*Uses an electrical test meter to test voltage, amperage, continuity, or ohms.
*Troubleshoots electrical systems such as breakers, relays, timers, or solenoids.
*Troubleshoots electro-pneumatic and electro-hydraulic systems.
*Troubleshoots any type of electric motor.
- CDL, AC (Sect. 609).
- 3-5 years Diesel Mechanic experience.
- TK & Carrier experience.
- Basic understanding of electricity, math skills, read/write/speak English.
- Previous mechanical experience highly preferred but willing to train. Candidates with automotive mechanical background acceptable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality required. Strong interpersonal, problem solving and effective communication skills are also required with a desire and ability to work and communicate as a team.
Sunday-Wednesday 4:30pm to end of shift
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.