Mechanic I - 40 hrs/wk.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Mechanic I is to perform a variety of duties in and around the Health System facilities and properties to operate, maintain, and repair equipment and physical structures under the direction of the Supervisor of Facility Services or his designee.
* Duty 1: Performs plumbing duties as required: 1) Performs troubleshooting to diagnose potential problems and makes necessary repairs to sinks, faucets, toilets, flush valves, drinking fountains; and assist with pumps, couplings, seals, valves, piping, steam traps and related equipment. 2) Performs pipefitting such as cutting and threading, solder and brazing, use of manual threading machine and assorted gas torches. 3) Demonstrates initiative with keeping updated and informed on new systems and equipment.
* Duty 2: Performs electrical duties as required: 1) Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains electronic, electrical circuits and related equipment (lamps, ballast, switches, receptacles). 2) Ability to use electrical meter to measure Volts, Amps and Ohms. 3) Maintains a good understanding of the electrical distribution system and locations of disconnects and shut-offs for areas served. 4) Maintains safety by following Energy Control Procedures and Arc Flash guidelines. 5) Understands emergency power distribution and generator monthly load tests.
* Duty 3: Assist with performing mechanical duties as required: 1) Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. 2) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to machinery and mechanical equipment such as bearings, motors, pumps, seals, couplings and related equipment. 4) Performs preventative maintenance on schedule to prevent potential problems. 5) Understands the lay-out and distribution of mechanical systems such as air handlers, medical gases, pneumatic system, chillers, boilers, heating water, cooling water and minor refrigeration.
* Duty 4: Maintains communication systems as required: 1) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to nurse call systems. 2) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to televisions. 3) Performs troubleshooting and repairs to paging system.
* Duty 5: Assesses and maintains architectural structure of the hospital: 1) Performs repair to doors, door hardware, windows, ceiling, wall and floors as needed. 2) Performs inspections and repairs firewall penetrations as needed. 3) Assist with building construction and existing building renovations as needed.
* Duty 6: Ensures a safe and comfortable environment for patient, staff and visitors: 1) Demonstrates geographic knowledge and locations of system shut-offs throughout the hospital in the event of an emergency. 2) Changes faulty lights, ballasts, outlets and switches promptly to ensure a safe environment. 3) Arranges storage and retrieval of equipment and furniture. 4) Inspects and repairs emergency lighting. 5) Inspects plumbing and medical gas panels.
* Duty 7: Accepts and responds to emergencies, codes, fire, and disasters: 1) responds to all fire alarms as described in the department policy and procedure manual. 2) Responds promptly to assist in the event of an emergency.
* Duty 8: Performs related accountabilities responsibilities as required or directed: 1) Responds and volunteers when needed. 2) Accepts and assumes other staffs duties in their absence as needed. 3) Shows willingness to accept additional duties. 4) Utilizes available time effectively. 5) Maintains a stock par level of supplies in designated area to speed up the delivery of customer satisfaction.
* Duty 9: Performs refuse collection in accordance with regulatory agencies: 1) Completes certification for Department of Transportation regulations regarding regulated medical waste handling and disposal. 2) Performs refuse collection as directed. 3) Performs regulated medical waste collection, storage and transportation as directed. 4) Signs regulated medical waste manifest paperwork and returns to SRC office. 5) Maintains stock par level related to refuse collection. 6) Performs related grounds keeping duties, snow removal duties and other related duties as required.
* High school graduate or equivalent. (Education with vocational experience or field experience).
* Knowledge of institutional maintenance principles and techniques (and all applicable local, state and federal codes; i.e., building, plumbing at a level normally acquired through completion of one to three (3) years of progressively more responsible related work experience in an institutional setting.
* Mechanical aptitude and ability to read and follow instruction manuals, including drawings and parts lists.
* General knowledge of HVAC systems and fire alarm systems.
* Thorough knowledge of hand/power tools and testing instruments.
* (High pressure boiler operator s license required only if designated to be back up boiler operator).
* A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements.
* Working knowledge of mechanical equipment, electricity and plumbing, (plus specialized knowledge of carpentry, refrigeration and painting as required.
* May be required to work any shift; including Holidays, fixed or rotated and days off may be fixed or rotated.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The individual must be able to lift up to seventy-five pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have appropriate eye-hand coordination. This associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have appropriate verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.).