Mechanic Lead - Your Next New Adventure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Global Aviation Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead mechanics, are you up for an adventure? If you are, you will enter a job environment on the airfield of the San Antonio International Airport? that is fast paced, exciting, safe and unique. Our mechanics keep airports moving with their ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain ground service equipment.
At Global Aviation Services we not only recognize our lead mechanics as a key part of our organization, but we compensate them by providing exceptional benefits (low-cost health, dental, short term disability, free long term disability and free life insurance two times your annual salary). Full time mechanics have set schedules, receive competitive wages, a tool allowance, free uniforms, free parking, mentor programs, education tuition, a wellness reimbursement plan, profit sharing and a matching 401(k) plan to name a few.
If you want to be part of a People First company with an excellent reputation, apply today.
You will direct your staff to ensure that quality maintenance repairs are done safely, reliably, timely and are cost-effective. As the Foreman/Lead you will manage, train and mentor your staff in maintenance best practices, safety, and customer service. You will have direct contact with vendors and customers; developing good, solid relationships. Customer satisfaction, safety, keeping on budget, and meeting productivity goals will be your focus. Best of all, you will still be hands on, keeping your industry knowledge and skills up to date.
* Meeting company and customer performance metrics related to shop productivity, budget, and on-time performance.
* Ensure timeliness of preventive maintenance, cost effective repairs and procurement/maintenance of parts inventory.
* Accountable for the achievement of acceptable productivity levels and meeting financial objectives.
* Evaluate equipment repair costs and make recommendations on repairs.
* Prioritize equipment repairs.
* Monitor safety practices and procedures in the shop.
* Evaluate maintenance work practices and identify methods to improve productivity.
* Review work orders for completeness and accuracy.
* Provide technical assistance to Mechanics as needed.
* Coordinate with other departments to obtain equipment needing repair or maintenance.
* Coach/counsel, discipline employees who violate Company policy, or fail to meet company standards.
* Establish a preventive maintenance schedule.
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on ground support equipment, boarding loading and/or facilities.
* In order to meet the requirements of the position, applicant should have a good background in diagnostics to include: electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic. Most diagnostics are not performed using computer assisted diagnostic tools.
* Troubleshoot, overhaul, rebuild, and repair both powered and non-powered support equipment systems.
* Perform the sequence of operations to troubleshoot both powered and non-powered GSE to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, install and adjust many building components, automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc., and explain the work procedures to personnel assigned to assist in that work.
* Knowledge of heavy, medium and light duty trucks and automobiles, machine shop equipment or other similar skills.
* Planning and execution of complex maintenance assignments requiring knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and/or electronic systems. In addition, skills in carpentry, painting and/or welding may be required.
* Work is performed on a variety of ground support equipment platforms, such as: jet engine starters, power supply units, lift platform box trucks, and air cycle air conditioners.
* Use complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment, such as, but not limited to: load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
* Document repairs, parts and labor on the computer, using both internal and customer based fleet maintenance software.
* Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a maintenance shop environment.
* Minimum 5 years of proven preventative maintenance, tire and brake experience on medium to heavy-duty vehicles.
* Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read and understand repair manuals and instructions, especially in an urgent and/or emergency situation.
* Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics.
* Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer.
* Must be experienced and skilled in the use of welders and torchers
* Valid driver's license and good driving background.
* Ability to pass a 10 year background check and drug test.
* Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays.
* Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
* ASE certification and or Military AGE preferred
* Able to lift 70 pounds
Full Time Regular
National Manager or Manager
Depending on the task, may be required to work indoors in a shop or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the airfield.
Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. In the course of a normal workday you may be exposed to cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products.
To be determined at shop level; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
As a full-time employee you qualify for:
Medical Insurance with two plan options & HSA & Flex Spending Plans
Prescription Drug Program
Vision Care Insurance
Life Insurance/Supplemental Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Disability - Free long-term disability & low cost short-term disability
401(k) Savings & Investment Plan with company match
Profit Sharing Plan
Educational Benefits - Mentoring, Tuition & Certification Reimbursements
Smoking Cessation Program
Vacation/Sick/Holiday/Bereavement/Court Service Pay
Free Uniforms & Parking
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Perks Programs
Employee Discounts - Dell, AT&T, Verizon, IDShield, LegalShield
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply.
We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.