Mechanic / Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNow Hiring MECHANICS!!
We want YOU to join our TEAM!!
Openings available in West Ox, Herndon and Huntington (both day and night shifts available)!!
***** NEW PAY RATE $33/HOUR *****
We are seeking experienced Mechanics. Successful candidates will perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair of steering, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, wheelchair lifts, and air conditioning systems. Successful applicants must be able to work safely, perform part analysis on damaged parts and assist in inventory control. In addition, successful candidates are required to complete all related documents legibly and in a timely manner.
The successful candidates must perform all other duties as required and needed to operate the division or as directed by the division management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and follow directions
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations related to shop and office conditions.
* Mechanical- medium/heavy duty diesel experience required
* Must have a CDL A or B w/ passenger endorsement License.
* Flexible and effective under pressure in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to lift, push, pull, and move objects weighing up to 70 pounds unassisted.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
* Ability to work without direct supervision.
* Must have technical competence with light / medium duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
* Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
* Availability to work indoors and outdoors in seasonal climate and varying weather conditions, physical demands include driving, walking, constant arm movements.
* Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application submission.
For additional information and to schedule an appointment for interview, please call JC at 980-417-0206 or email If you know anyone looking for a maintenance opportunity, please send them our information.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.