Mechanic / Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe want YOU to join our TEAM! Start your new career today!!
MV Transportation is seeking a Level B Technician to perform preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles. The position requires the technician, under close supervision and training, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
* Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
* Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
* Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of coaches.
* Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
* Changes windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
* Operates buses in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
* Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, brake lathes.
* Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
* Performs related duties, as required.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Combination of at least one (1) to two (2) years of apprentice level verifiable training and experience in automotive or diesel mechanics, which may include high school mechanics courses and/or a regional occupational program.
* Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
* Have basic entry level tools.
* Must be a least 21 years of age.
* Work well with others.
* Must be able to work any of three shifts - day, evening, or late; as scheduled.
* Willing to learn.
* Available for training.
* Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.