This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a Mechanical Assembler in Lisle, Il .This is for a long term opportunity that will give you valuable experience . Successful candidates must have some prior mechanical assembly experience, be reliable and be open to some overtime. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible executing assembly and in-process inspection.. Under direct supervision, assembles machine components into sub-assemblies and/or finished products using various tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understands and adhere to MBM Guiding Principles. Embrace and support any changes associated with bringing Molex more in-line with the intent of MBM.
2. Works with multiple components while assembling complex sub-assemblies and/or finished products while using various hand and automatic shop tools.
3. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to repeatable pull down on lever with up to 27lbs. of force to operate an arbor press. Although 10-15lb is typical. This can be with either arm.
4. Tests assembled components to ensure they are assembled according to the specification as well as verification that they meet quality inspection criteria. Take basic dimensional part measurements and gauging per print and document results.
REQUIRED: Any experience assembling sub-assemblies and working with basic tools.
PREFERRED: 1 year plus experience assembling sub-assemblies and working with basic tools. Previous experience working with gauging and inspection equipment
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Mechanically inclined i.e.: uses knowledge to determine which tools to use in the assembly of components in an efficient manner
• Flexibility to respond to frequent priority changes
• Effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate clearly in English
• Good vision and fine motor skills needed to work with small parts or components.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• Will on occasion be exposed to information that is considered confidential, personal or sensitive in nature. Maintenance of this trust and confidentiality must be maintained.
• Must be a team player who is willing to cooperate with and consider input from supervisor, coworkers and members from other areas of the business
• Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends as needed. Exhibits a sense of urgency.