Mechanical Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to join our REFRIGERATOR CABINET SUBSYSTEM DESIGN organization.
DAY TO DAY
As a team member in the Mechanical Subsystem Design Team, you will lead the design & development of sheet metal (Wrapper, Compressor Mounting Plate, Mullion rails, etc.) Master's Degree in Engineering is a plus.
* 3+ years engineeringexperience in Product Design in Mechanical and Manufacturing industries; Experience in Home appliances, Consumer Goods, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Industry, Materials & Metals industry is preferred.
* Hands on design experience of Sheet Metal & Plastic injection molded components.
* Proficient in design tools like FMEA, GD&T and Tolerance Stack up.
* Experience with Creo (Pro-E) or any other CAD Software and Windchill
* Excellent planning, project management and leadership skills. Participated in complete product lifecycle from concept generation to product launch.
* Strong engineering background specifically in Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials & Machine Design. Hands on experience of design calculations for structural components.
* Good communication & presentation skills to share project details with Global Teams.
* Excellent problem solving & time management with positive attitude & passion for design.
PREFERRED SKILL SETS & EXPERIENCE:
* Variation analysis by Six Sigma tools- COV, DOE, etc.
* Know how about Manufacturing processes and Tool Design-Plastic Injection Molding & Press Tool.
* Basics of DFM software (Moldflow, ProMold) & Structural Analysis-FEA(ANSYS, ProMechanica).
* Travel and onsite coordination specifically US, China & Mexico. Exposure to Chinese and Spanish languages is added advantage
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.