Mechanical Design Engineer (Consumer Electronics) 8/20/2016
Kore 1 Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs product characterization and design using 3D CAD in PRO-E or SolidWorks.
* Participation in R&D projects.
* Identify, test and specify new materials that meet the performance, cost and reliability requirements for current and future products.
* Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of specific product line(s), and product applications. Including technical support for portable power products and battery technologies.
* Work closely with customers, co-workers, contractors and partners, developing influence with support resources and credibility with all customers.
* Analyze competitor products and prepare technical product comparison reports.
* Own the design through the entire design process including: test development, material characterization and design for manufacturability across the product roadmap as required.
* Develop and review mechanical design work as well as a key member of the development team supporting and following the established company Product Lifecycle process. Support the development of future product architectures and systems.
* Formulate a design plan or work from technical objectives and overall schedules as specified by senior project staff.
* Provide technical guidance to supporting personnel to resolve design and related manufacturing problems.
* Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Create Engineering Product Specifications and Failure Effect Mode Analysis (FEMA).
* Travel to Asia per project demands.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
* Must have experience in 3D Modeling with SolidWorks and/or ProE.
* Must have a minimum 5 years design experience on consumer electronics/electro-mechanical product design experience or similar scope of products.
* Must have extensive experience with CAD modeling, specifically in surfacing.
* Must be skilled with building of mock ups and prototypes.
* Must have experience in plastic part finishes and decoration.
* Must have at least 3 years of experience working with overseas suppliers.
* Must have experience managing multiple development projects simultaneously, experience in design of components for plastics injection molding, metal forming/stamping, and electro-mechanical devices.
* Must be highly proficient in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
* Must have an excellent technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
* Must have experience with sheet metal fabrication processes and sheet metal part design.
* Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to effectively communicate with engineering and manufacturing staff, internal and external to the organization.
* Must be comfortable working with highly accelerated program timelines.
* Must be flexible with occasional travel.
* Bilingual in Mandarin preferred.