Mechanical Design Engineer 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mechanical Design Engineer
THE HYVE SOLUTIONS CULTURE:
HYVE SOLUTIONS CORPORATION designs and delivers custom purpose built Server, Storage and Networking Solutions to the worlds largest Cloud, Social Media and Enterprise companies. Our products provide the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to our customers by focusing on cost and energy efficient designs. Our customers are visionary in nature, deploying very large datacenters at scale to achieve their global goals.
GET IN SYNC WITH HYVE SOLUTIONS
Start Your New Career AS.MECHANICAL ENGINEER, DATA CENTER SOLUTIONS
SYNNEX CORPORATION, a Fortune 500 corporation is a leading business process services company, servicing resellers, retailers and original equipment manufacturers in multiple regions around the world. The Company provides services in IT distribution, supply chain management, contract assembly and business process outsourcing. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX employs approximately 55,000 associates worldwide.
THE RIGHT FIT
HYVE SOLUTIONS is looking for a hands-on, results-driven individual. Come join the Mechanical Engineering team at Hyve and tackle server platforms at scale. The Hyve Solutions division of Synnex Corporation specializes in providing our customers with purpose-built data center servers. You will be teaming with thermal, power, and electrical engineers to design creative chassis solutions for deploying x86 servers at a massive scale. Come join the hardware engineering team at Hyve!
* Design server nodes, enclosures, racks, and cabinets per EIA 310-D spec. and to customer specific requirements.
* Work with domestic and foreign vendors to integrate third party components.
* Manage designs through their product lifecycle including working with suppliers on prototypes and production builds.
* Analyze and validate thermal and environmental specifications and requirements.
* Enhance server mechanical and electrical design to improve power and thermal efficiency.
* Work directly with our top tier data center customers on understanding and implementing requirements.
* Conduct concept reviews and report on design updates and progress.
* Collaborate with engineering team on design and hold design reviews.
* Mechanical design of sheet metal chassis, racks, other miscellaneous parts.
* Mechanical design of plastic air ducting and PCBs.
* Participate in DVT process.
* Review design test results then work with vendors, internal test and validation teams to adjust designs accordingly.
* Document bills of materials (BOMs) for assemblies designed by the team.
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines within the company.
WHAT SYNNEX OFFERS YOU
If you share our mission, our strong work ethic, and our values of integrity, continuous learning, quality of work, commitment, teamwork, execution and results, respect for the individual, and taking manageable risks, then SYNNEX may be the place for you. We offer:
* Profit Sharing
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Sick Days
* Direct Deposit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Medical and Prescription Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Care
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Development Scholarship Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Short- & Long-Term Disability
* Bereavement and Jury Duty Leaves
* Casual Dress Code
* Employee Assistance Program
* Live Well Work Well Program
* Training Opportunities
* Pet Insurance
SYNNEX CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V AND IS COMMITTED TO THE QUALITY POLICY.
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 7 years of design experience, focus on electronic enclosures preferred.
* Experience with MCAD tools (Pro/E, SolidWorks, etc.).
* Capable of owning and driving design process from start to finish. Must be able to work independently or in a team environment in a fast paced environment.
* Expertise in sheet metal, machined parts, and weldments for electronic enclosures.
* Expertise in sheet metal forming, plastics molding.
* Knowledge of compliance standards including safety and EMI containment. Deep knowledge of various regions and standards bodies (UL, NEC, FCC, CE, CCC, etc.) preferred.
* Experience with DFM principles
US-001-Fremont (CA) Corporate (SNX001)
44201 Nobel Dr
44201 Nobel Dr