Mechanical Design Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and \\"HAECO Americas\\" standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
* Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
* Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
* Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
* Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
* Check the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
* Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
* Coordinate Certification and Substantiation activities for the Engineering UM s and ODA staff.
* Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
* Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
* Convert limited modification specification information into engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and installation.
* Support various design review meetings with customers.
* Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
* Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
* Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
* Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
* Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
* Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
* Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.
* BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
* Six (6) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in the design of modifications to transport category aircraft.
* Minimum three (3) years experience utilizing Solidworks (or comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
* Must possess knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper application in design.
* Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D-computer modeling, and other analytical substantiation techniques.
* Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office.
* Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM s, MM s, SB s, IPC s, WD s, etc.
* Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Master s Degree in Engineering