Mechanical Design Engineer / Large Metal Enclosures
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 66778-TJ
KEY WORDS: Switchgear, Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, Sheet metal Enclosures, ProE, Solidworks, LV, MV
The Mechanical Design Engineer designs and tests new components and systems based on customer requirements and switchgear standards. This position also provides technical support to manufacturing, customers, marketing, and sales. Design engineer is also responsible for mechanical design documentation and the maintenance of design software platform.
* New Product Design and Development.
* Design of switchgear that includes sheet metal and bus work with proper insulation.
* Work closely with manufacturing and incorporate changes as required.
* Design Improvements to Low Voltage Switchgear, Medium Voltage Switchgear, and other Power Distribution Products.
* Release of all drawings to manufacturing (enclosure sheet-metal, bus bars, insulation, insulation, supports, etc.).
* Understanding of manufacturing capabilities and incorporate those into the design.
* Provides technical support to sales and customers as required.
* Use and/or develop tools necessary for engineering calculations using Mathcad, Pro/Mechanica, Excel spread sheet, ANSYS, and other simulation tools.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
* $75,000 to $125,000
* Bonus Potential
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* 401K match
* Flex Hours
* 3-5years+ of relevant design experience working with sheet metal, injection molding, and large complex enclosures highly desirable.
* High level of competency in Pro/E and Pro/E data management tools (PRO/Intralink, WindChill, Product Point, etc.) required. Equivalent SolidWorks experience would also meet the requirements for this position.
* Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering required.