Mechanical Design Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are assisting our client with a search for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Position will research, design and develop Product Inspection systems.. Design/ Project Management responsibilities include standard equipment and customized solutions for specific customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Lead and manage new product development projects.
* Mechanical design of cabinet X-ray systems and product handling system (convey, reject, sort) used for product inspection.
* Produce low cost, hygienic designs using materials common to the Food Processing Industry with 3D modeling software.
* Mechanical design in compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
* Provide documentation, including, but not limited to; specifications, bills of materials, fabrication, assembly and sales/marketing drawings.
* Process Engineering Changes.
* Support of Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Service.
* Travel as required to fulfill items outlined above.
* Other duties as required.
PRIMARY PEOPLE CONTACT:
* External Customers
* Interdepartmental Personnel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTITUDE:
* 10years: Mechanical design and development of equipment for the food industry
* 5years: Project Management
* B.S. Engineering or related work experience in lieu of degree
* Open Minded, Independent Thinker, Broad Range of Perspectives, Innovative, Team Player