Mechanical Design Engineer 9/16/2016
Turtle Lake, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Purpose:
Develop and procure tooling for new & existing customer part designs. Manage the development & implementation process of Sanmina's products & services. Plan & direct resource schedules & budgets. Manage several projects simultaneously, from initiation through the end of a product's life cycle. Organize interdepartmental activities, ensuring completion of projects on schedule & within budget constraints.
* Work closely with customers on part design for Manufacturability, assuring Sanmina can process an acceptable product once the tool is built. Must understand customer's specifications & expectations.
* Quote new tooling, coordinate tooling vendor selection & manage selected tool vendor through entire tool build process. Place tooling PO's. Maintain on-time delivery of tooling.
* Develop project plan and provide customer with delivery schedules/timelines, Gantt charts & other information.
* Lead internal team & drive timely completion of projects, within quoted budget, by maintaining internal checklists & timelines. Schedule project review meetings to discuss project needs & expectations.
* Coordinate tool design reviews, material selection & procurement, secondary tooling design, tool sampling, FAIR's, PPAP's & part approvals.
* Provide Document Control with all pertinent new product information for initial set-up of parts in system.
* Responsible for creating NPI's, initiating ECO's & assuring the process is running to quote.
* Quote & manage tooling revisions & tool repairs.
* Responsible for the timeline of projects & assure that all departments & vendors are on schedule & have current data.
* Engineering liaison between the plant & customer throughout the entire production life of a product.
* Travel as necessary to support customer. International travel is possible.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering Field with 2-5 years of experience or 5-10 years of injection molding & tooling experience.
* Prior experience in disciplines such as estimating, plastic part design, tool design, blue print reading, GDT, engineering drawings, CAD, machine tools & measurement systems a plus.
* Competency in SolidWorks and/or Pro-E, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and other software platforms. Experience with Agile a plus. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* ISO, Agile & Oracle training, Lean Six Sigma training, documentation training & other training deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.