Mechanical Designer Engineer 1 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs.
Would you like to join the Pelican Products team? We currently have an opening for a Mechanical Designer based in Torrance, CA.
The ideal candidate will perform computer aided drafting and design duties including designing/modifying products, detailing, BOM creation and similar procedures as required for manufacturing and development of products to industry and company standards for our CE team. Review engineering changes, mark-ups and sketches of a components or assembly from a designer or engineer and convert to workable production drawing(s), providing necessary details such as finish, tolerances, FAI and CPK callouts etc. The CE team works in a fast paced environment requiring the ability to work to tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Originate, develop, and modify product designs from conception to finish. Plans mechanical drawings by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; conferring with engineers and product designers.
* Prepares mechanical sketches and drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multiviews, sub-assemblies, dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional projections using computer aided design (CAD) and pictorial techniques.
* Prepare specification lists, drawings and bills of materials including standard parts for standard product system. Make revisions to customer specifications or as directed.
* Adapt or scale existing product platforms to work with new devices.
* Change drawings to meet DFM requests and Design intent.
* Documents work by updating/creating design guide and drawings; updating PDM and maintaining computer aided drafting system file library.
* Lead projects and programs as required and collaborate with multiple departments, vendors, and customers to design and manufacture products that fulfill design intent, as well as, achieve budgetary, reliability and schedule goals.
* Maintain drawing files in accordance with departmental procedures.
* Associates degree and five years experience in mechanical design and development of plastic parts.
* Two or more years of experience using Solid Works or similar 3D modeling programs with surfacing skills.
* Two years of experience drafting parts from specifications.
* Knowledge of drafting standards, practices and techniques, a familiarity of machine shop practices, part fabrication methods, basic material types, mathematics through descriptive geometry, dimensioning techniques, and geometric tolerancing.
* Familiar with ASME-Y14.5M-1994 drawing standards.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints; general understanding of mechanical hardware design.
* Proven experience with examples of designing, developing and debug of plastics components and parts.
* Very good computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
* Must possess very good written, math and verbal communication skills.
* Experienced in part inspection and use of measuring tools.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to travel locally and internationally, as necessary.
Please apply at https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?company=Pelican. No calls please.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..