Mechanical Designer I (F&V) - WI 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Feb 5, 2017
Location: Schofield, US
Company: Greenheck Group
Is there anything more important to our future than clean, conditioned, Air* At Greenheck providing sustainable indoor environments is our priority.
If you re a self-motivated, mechanical designer interested in creating cutting-edge technology, then contribute your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Come join our team and work within our world-class Innovation Center (new R&D facility opened in Dec. 15) located at Greenheck s global headquarters in Wisconsin. Greenheck s continued investment in innovation is the cornerstone of our success and we ask you to put your career passion to use and positively affect the life of virtually every person on earth while contributing your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Create and update product design drawings, submittals and bill of materials as they are laid out by the product design team. Tasks are handed down from design team(s) to Designer I. Tasks are very specific with little or no non-standard work assignments. Work may include but is not limited to: Drawing changes/revisions, IAN's and/or other documentation as required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create drawings for new products, changes to existing products and special design requests using computer-aided design technology under direction of design team
* Assist in preparing bill-of-materials on new and changed designs and special design requests under direction of design team
* Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
* May be involved with the BOM work and setup of purchased components under direction of the design team
* Minimal involvement with prototyping new sheet metal designs
* May provide support to sales and marketing staff through the creation of submittal drawings or technical assistance on simple inquiries under the direction of the design team / supervisor
* May provide technical direction to shop floor personnel to correct simple sheet metal product design problems as they arise. Communicate design problems to appropriate engineering personnel for corrective action
* Under the direction of the design team, prepare information for needed documentation (Drawings for operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase part info records, etc.) related to a design project
* May assist in the resolution of field problems by traveling to the site with other engineering staff as needed
* May participate (help) in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes in the form of drawing changes and IAN completion (BOM work) as directed by design team
Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
Between 0-12 month s work experience.
Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred). No knowledge required of the products or systems.
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer