Mechanical Designer I/II/III - KVS (WI)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Oct 6, 2016
Location: Schofield, US
Company: Greenheck Group
Participate in the design and development of products plus create and update product design drawings, submittals and bill of materials. Also communicate with respective design team to clarify requirements and coordinate timing on design projects. Tasks are handed down from design team(s) to Designer II. Tasks are still somewhat specific but there is the likelihood of some non-standard work assignments. Work may include but is not limited to: Some concept and product modeling in 3D as directed by design staff, drawing changes/revisions, IAN's and/or other documentation as required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create drawings for new products, changes to existing products and special design requests using computer-aided design technology under direction of design team
* Assist in preparing bill-of-materials on new and changed designs and special design requests under direction of design team
* Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
* May oversee the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs
* May be involved with the BOM work and setup of purchased components under direction of the design team
* Moderate involvement with prototyping new sheet metal designs
* May provide support to sales and marketing staff through the creation of submittal drawings or technical assistance on simple inquiries under the direction of the design team / supervisor
* May provide technical direction to shop floor personnel to correct simple sheet metal product design problems as they arise. Communicate design problems to appropriate engineering personnel for corrective action
* Under the direction of the design team, prepare information for needed documentation (Drawings for operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase part info records, etc.) related to a design project
* May assist in the resolution of field problems by traveling to the site with other engineering staff as needed
* May participate (help) in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes in the form of drawing changes and IAN completion (BOM Work) as directed by design team
Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
Between 0-5 years of work experience is required.
Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred). No knowledge required of the products or systems but it is preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Wausau Apply now Apply now
Start apply with LinkedIn
* Please wait...
APPLY FOR JOB
Enter your email to apply
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer