Mechanical Designer III (F&V) - WI 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Nov 10, 2016
Location: Schofield, US
Company: Greenheck Group
Is there anything more important to our future than clean, conditioned, Air* At Greenheck providing sustainable indoor environments is our priority.
If you re a self-motivated, mechanical designer interested in creating cutting-edge technology, then contribute your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Come join our team and work within our world-class Innovation Center (new R&D facility opened in Dec. 15) located at Greenheck s global headquarters in Wisconsin. Greenheck s continued investment in innovation is the cornerstone of our success and we ask you to put your career passion to use and positively affect the life of virtually every person on earth while contributing your talents to a $20.4B annual growing U.S. industry.
Assist in the design and development of products, machinery or tooling. Conceptualize, design and develop, in coordination with other product development personnel, new and changed products, parts, machinery or tooling. Tasks are handed down to the Designer III in the form of results expected. Tasks can be in the form of non-standard work assignments. Work may include but is not limited to: concept and product modeling in 3D, some component selections/sizing, some testing as required for new products and or field related issues, drawing changes/revisions, IAN's and/or other documentation.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepare layout and detail drawings on new and changed designs and special design requests
* Involved in preparing bill-of-materials on new and changed designs and special design requests
* Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
* Oversee the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs
* Directly responsible for BOM work and setup of purchased components in product designs. May include working with vendors and purchasing on specific needs for various components
* Oversee the prototyping and testing of new designs. May be required to set up and run test equipment
* Involved with the testing of new designs. May interface with agencies associated with certifying products (AMCA, UL, etc.)
* Provide pre-order technical assistance to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers
* Provide technical direction to shop floor personnel to correct product design problems as they arise. Communicate and/or resolve design problems to appropriate engineering personnel for corrective action
* Prepare needed documentation (operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase requisitions, etc.) related to a design project
* Assist in resolution of field problems by traveling to the site if needed and evaluation the source of the malfunction
* Actively participate (lead/facilitate) in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of companies design and manufacturing processes
* Provide assistance in obtaining external agency approval (i.e., U.L. AMCA)
* Assist in the review/evaluation of returned goods and help determine root cause of failures and disposition of materials
* Assist in cost analysis process, submitting design proposals and project costs, evaluating and specifying tooling required to implement a new design
* May have indirect supervision over small design teams
Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
Between 5-7 years of work experience is required.
Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred). No knowledge required of the products or systems but it is STRONGLY preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Wausau Apply now Apply now
Start apply with LinkedIn
* Please wait...
APPLY FOR JOB
Enter your email to apply
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer