Mechanical Development Engineer- USCDS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Hilti North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONMECHANICAL DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - USCDS REFERENCE-NO:185402
Posted On: 08/05/2016 (All day)
For our team at Hilti in Irving we are looking for a
The Mechanical Developer Engineer is responsible for development and research activities to derive product solution form concept to serial production within the product development & supply team. It requires creativity in design, proven understanding in relevant materials & manufacturing technologies in conjunction with design to cost, based on the competency of Hilti suppliers. Furthermore the mechanical developer interacts within an interdisciplinary team (product management, supply manager, quality) to ensure the right quality of development and understands to get things done in time with highly self-reliance.
* Development respectively construction and design of mechanical solutions, using Unigraphics 3D design CAD software and PDM software ECTR
* Develop new concepts based on customer needs & cost targets and work closely with supplier and develop serial drawing considering production requirements
* Validate concepts in terms of function, cost, manufacturing technology and quality in cooperation with Testing, Marketing, Quality and Supply
* Full responsibility for the detailed engineering, manufacturing of components and assembly in conformity to standards and processes
* Testing of the developed solutions (defining test setup as well as test execution)
* Collaboration with and coordination of internal and external partners
* Documentation of developed product
* Additional duties as assigned
* Master s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equal qualification/education
* Three (3) years of professional experience in mechanical product development required
* Proven design experience and in depth user experience of leading design tools (Unigraphics, FMEA, FEA)
* Experience in sheet metal stamping and bending technology for mass production is an advantage
* Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual and implementation skills
* Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams
* High commitment, self-responsibility and customer orientation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Focus on defining and getting things done
We look forward to receiving your application.