Mechanical Drafter 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Let me know how soon we can discuss about this position and also send me an updated copy of your resume in word format and the desired Hourly Rate/Salary you are looking for yourself ASAP.
TITLE: MECHANICAL DRAFTER
LOCATION: OCONOMOWOC, WI
DURATION: FULL TIME
Prepare formal drawings and related documents of custom and standard products to communicate physical relationships, function and reliability of design. Types of drawings include detail, complex layout, and design, of pressure vessels, structural heat balance, valve panel equipment, and/or automatic sampling equipment. Drawings are used for sales proposals, customer submittals and shop fabrication and assembly. Calculates complex dimensions, tolerances, and technical specifications in accordance with established practices. Perform checking. Data and instructions are received from Supervisor or Engineers. Work is given periodic progress checks.
ROLES print copies as required. Final check by designated supervisor.
* Prepare and assist with advance material requisitions.
* Verify and update shop drawing and bill of material returns for as-built and SOM updates.
* Assist less experienced drafters.
* Interface with Production, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Services to ensure drawings optimize production and purchasing demands.
* Perform additional duties assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma plus two years of post-high school training in college or vocational/technical school.
* Required advanced courses: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, CAD drafting, and shop processes.
* Three to five years in drafting.
* Knowledge and skill in drafting techniques and CAD, preferably AutoCAD and Solidworks.
* Ability to make accurate calculations using simple math through trigonometry.
* Knowledge of materials, their properties, and characteristics.
* Previous experience with pipe fittings, valves, machined parts and sheet metal fabrication.
* Ability to understand basic flow, pressure-drop and pneumatics.
* General understanding of shop processes such as welding, machining, and assembly.
* Reasonable proficiency with computers, CAD and 3D design.
* Drawings of consistently excellent quality.
* Drawings and documents that are consistently accurate, complete, understandable, and finished in reasonable time.
* Sufficient knowledge of products, materials, codes, and standards, to make correct decisions where independent judgments are needed.
* Meticulous attention to details to ensure: Accuracy of design, proper material selection, serviceability, reasonable cost, and completeness for manufacturing and purchasing.
* Thorough review of own work to reduce unnecessary rework.
* Willingness to request assistance if necessary to meet deadlines.
* Careful planning of work to make efficient use of time.
* Professional behavior and appearance.
* Logical thought patterns
* Good communication skills
* Cooperative attitude; ability to function effectively as team member
* 1st Shift; 8:am - 4:3pm Monday - Friday
* In addition to the Compensation and Benefit Package provided; there is a generous Quarterly Game Share Program