Mechanical/Electrical Assembly Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 5/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Electrical/Mechanical Technician
Division: Beverage Packaging
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Manager, Purchasing & Assembly
Overall Position Summary
Responsible for the cost effective assembly of packaging machinery ranging from average to above average complexity using safe work methods. Other responsibilities include fostering teamwork, on time deliveries, promote safety work environment, high standard of quality and continuous improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Utilize SOP's. Demonstrate to others using SOP's, the correct selection and application of fasteners, fittings and components.
* Utilize all necessary documentation including bill of materials, assembly drawings, schematics, EAR's, NCMR's, move tickets, maintain punch lists, estimate hours to completion and monitor performance to estimate.
* Identify non-conforming parts and recommend modifications or possible redesign of existing or new parts.
* Provide input for assembly procedures and product improvement.
* Ensure all machines are assembled to the data sheets.
* Assist customers demo's and check out's.
* Communicate and resolve production and technical problems on a daily basis which arise from in-house capabilities and print discrepancies.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations.
* Recognize unsafe working conditions and report them immediately to the Group Leader or Supervisor. Actively resolve unsafe conditions within their working area.
* Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions; operate equipment in a safe manner using proper personal protective equipment.
* Safely operate all hand tools and power tools necessary for machine assembly.
* Safely operate and debug machinery.
* Perform H S & E audits, meetings, and Job Observations as required.
* Complete knowledge of service guidelines and company procedures.
* As assigned, primary communication contact of the service team to the customer, contractor, and GPI service and engineering departments.
* As assigned, responsible for recording keeping of the job; mechanically, electrically, order numbers, carton conditions and completion of the service report.
* Follow proper procedures for engineering changes and follow through with required documentation after change has been implemented.
* As required, responsible for coordination of team resources including; working hours, safety rules, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic personnel.
* Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and teambuilding skills.
* As required, operate in a Group Leader capacity to include demonstrated ability to train and lead people effectively, providing input for performance reviews and scheduling and allocating technical resources.
* Work closely with the engineers in problem solving/design/assembly improvements.
* Other duties as required.
Essential Position Requirements
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Two year technical degree in mechanical systems or equivalent experience plus two years applicable experience.
* Self-sufficient and cost effectively perform all required mechanical and pneumatic assembly operations.
* Complete knowledge and understanding of assembly drawing blueprints at a complex level.
* Must have extensive knowledge for identification and working knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic components.
* Ability to troubleshoot, adjust and debug to finalize majority of machine lines required in house or at the customers facility.
* Ability to perform inquiry and printouts as required in manufacturing and engineering systems.
* Trained and knowledgeable in Mechanical Assembly Standards, Engineering Standards, other applicable procedures and parts flow.
Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world. Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 12,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.