Mechanical/ Electrical Engineer (BURNDY) - Manchester, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more!
We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
Under general supervision coordinates engineering tasks and communicates with other organizational resources to complete project assignments on new or existing products and/or product lines
* Responsible for receiving, reviewing and evaluating project requests and planning general activities for project completion. * Researches and interprets industry standards and technical information and applies knowledge to satisfying product design inputs and/or maintaining assigned product line(s). * Carries out design or development work as planned, performs simulation tests and analyses, selects materials and generates product specifications to meet projects goals. * Generates new product concepts to meet customer applications based on well defined input requirements. * Participates on cross functional teams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with project requirements. * Requests, performs analyzes and evaluates laboratory tests. * Conducts engineering investigations (such as product failures, customer complaints, variation notices, rejects and deviations), summarizes findings and prepares and distributes appropriate solutions. * Develops software solutions to assist in data analysis, calculations, graphics, tabulations and other related tasks to increase productivity. * Initiates drawing orders, engineering changes, sample and prototype requests, purchase requests, and other necessary paperwork to complete project assignments and/or maintain assigned product line(s). * Responsible for reporting the status and progress of projects and performing additional duties to complete projects and assignments. * Interacts with other departmental groups to complete other projects such as DFM, cost reductions, and internal improvements to ensure design integrity for improvement processes.
Attends trade shows, supplier visits, seminars and conferences as required to support sales and project needs.
* A bachelor s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited university
* 5+ years experience in design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electrical devices
* Demonstrated knowledge in the interpretation of design, performance, and standards relevant to the electrical industry in the form of product designs released to production in manufacturing settings
* Effective project management skills
* Ability to interact and work effectively to achieve common goals with other departments including supply chain, operations, manufacturing, sales, and marketing
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.