Mechanical Engine Performance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
An Engineering Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMECHANICAL ENGINE PERFORMANCE ANALYST
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
* Experience with engine performance simulation/analysis of diesel engines
* Experience with GT-Suite
* Experience with analysis of various diesel engine subsystems
Our client is seeking an experienced and highly resourceful mechanical engineering professional to work in the capacity of Mechanical Engine Performance Analyst to join their global organization.
The chosen candidate will lead the development of new methods/processes and tools to use GT-SUITE models to advance model-based product development on engine programs.
The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of product engineering experience and become an integral part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drive train components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
* Operationalize these methods, processes and tools to enable up-front analysis (i.e. integration between 1D engine performance and engine subsystem models in GT-Suite as well as 3D, advanced parametric studies, optimization approaches) for new and existing engine programs
* Lead transition/deployment of these methodologies and tools to colleagues outside of the analysis team.
* Plan and coordinate related analysis activities in collaboration with our engine design, development, and analysis teams as well as outside entities to drive requirements and decision based simulation/analysis.
* Lead analysis communication meetings, collate information from various analysis areas and provide recommendations based on analysis results and expertise.
* Provide technical oversight and work direction, where needed, to other team members.
* Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of product development as applied by industry experts and consultants for methodologies and tools in 1D simulation to address new identified needs
* Act as technical advisor to Engine Engineering in the application of 1D analysis methods, tools, and processes to support engine design and development.
Best Industry - Construction, Manufacturing, Industrial
Best Department - Engineering, Product Development
* Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related engineering discipline is required.
* 7 - 10years of experience with engine performance simulation/analysis of diesel engines.
* 3years of experience with diesel engine design and development and a strong knowledge-base of the key considerations that go into the design and or development are required.
* Proficiency and experience with GT-Suite and demonstrated use on various aspects of engine development are mandatory in this role.
* 3years of experience with integration of subsystem models into system models.
* 3years of experience with tool development to support analysis and model based development.
* 3years of experience using statistical approaches in engine simulations as well as tools used to implement these approaches.
* 1+ years of experience mentoring junior and associate team members is required.
* Experience with analysis of various diesel engine subsystems (e.g. Valvetrain, fuel, lube).
* Experience with of engine performance, calibrations, and applications.
* Experience applying Systems Engineering principles are required.
* Experience with high performance computing and optimizing set-up (on HPC clusters) to run co-simulations with a variety of packages is preferred.
* Proficiency with MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) is required.
* Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, etc.) are essential in this role.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.