Mechanical Engineer (Aircraft/Aerospace) 8/26/2016
Patuxent River, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MECHANICAL AEROSPACE ENGINEER
Work Location: NAWCAD Patuxent River, MD
Clearance Need: Secret Clearance
Salary: Very Competitive with Benefits
Roles & Responsibilities:
Full Time position.
Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate military weapon systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. The engineer applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. May analyze, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
* Perform design, analysis, and documentation in support of aircraft modification for APSD
* Establish customer and installation requirements to develop design approaches for aircraft modification
* Develop the mechanical design including the preparation of part, subassemblies, assemblies and installation drawings
* Review the detailed engineering drawings prepared to a project
* Direct the work of engineers and technicians who are assigned to the installation team, coordinate and plan their efforts, and provide technical liaison with various shop personnel
Bachelor's degree in an mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Minimum of 5years' experienceassociated with engineering functions as related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems. Possess an academic and work experience background in such areas as preparation of technical and operational test plans, execution of sophisticated tests, certification of systems, logistic support planning, technical data review, and analytical interpretation of test results.
Computer solid modeling experience (CREO, Solid Works, etc. ) with parts and assemblies.
Experience creating technical data packages (drawings consisting of piece parts, subassemblies and assemblies)
Experience in design engineering.