This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWould you like to be part of a well established and growing company who can turn manufacturing challenges into a working solution
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who is proficient in AutoCAD, has strong assembly plant experience to verify equipment requirements and communicate effectively with their team, customers and vendors.
* Proficient in AutoCAD.
* Create detailed manufacturing shop drawings (Conveyor experience preferred).
* Strong MS Excel skills to be able to develop complex spreadsheets with formulas.
* Must be organized and experienced at Documentation Control.
* Strong communication skills; Must be fluent in English.
* Solidworks or Inventor 3-D design experience preferred (FEA is a plus).
* Conveyor experience
* Spanish and Italian fluency is a plus
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
* Regular interface with Engineering/Management to verify equipment requirements.
* Schedule / attend design review meetings.
* Occasional travel to customer meetings, manufacturing vendors or job sites.
* Provide technical support to Project Manager, Site Supervisor, Customer, Purchasing, Vendors and Suppliers.
* CAD Design, development and engineering from a conceptual idea.
* Perform design calculations (i.e. motor, bearing, shafting and drive-train selection, speed / throughput, stress and deflection of structural elements, etc.)
* Manufacturing, assembly and installation drawing from scratch.
* Lead detailer.
* Generate engineering release requisitions and change notices.
* Site Engineering.
* Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of five years relevant engineering experience