Mechanical Engineer - Devices Senior Staff Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
This is a senior level product design and development position intended for those with significant and relevant work experience in designing and manufacturing support of highly sophisticated and rugged communications devices for professional and mission critical markets in the commercial, government and industrial segments. Engineers in this position will function primarily as a lead mechanical engineer in large and/or complex projects, as well as an individual contributor. This function would offer cross functional support and technical leadership to product development teams on new and challenging projects. This role would also support method and process improvements on existing product lines.Responsibilities include:
- Preparing concept designs of mechanical system as well as hands on design and analysis of individual parts and components, that meets customer requirements and expectations, reliability and robustness requirements, manufacturing processes and safety guidelines
- Driving resolutions to all mechanical technical issues, scheduling and resource utilization on the project.
- Designing and conducting experiments using statistical tools and techniques to confirm analyses, evaluating new or existing designs to conform to product specifications. Interfacing with program team members, suppliers and customers.
- Negotiating costs and lead-times with suppliers for tooling and piece part costs. Negotiating tasks and schedules with other internal groups to ensure conformance to product schedules
- Modeling complex component and assembly designs using advanced 3D CAD tools, and interpreting and generating 2D drawings per mechanical drafting standards
- Understanding of tolerances and effects on design (6-sigma design methodology)
- Setting up and maintaining bills of materials and releasing mechanical prints. Supporting prototype/pilot builds.
- Performing mechanical verification tests per products specifications and writing test reports
- Compiling information for user manuals and/or instruction sheets
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSME desirable
- 6+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Hands-on experience and high proficiency with Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer) 3D modeling and surfacing software, or equivalent, to design complex components and assemblies
- Experience in designing and developing innovative solutions that represent the cutting edge of electronic packaging technology is required . Posses a working knowledge of worst-case and statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience in product development process, resource management, quality, reliability, and productivity improvement is required.
- Design, analyze and test communications devices for Mil-Std drop/shock, vibration, IP water/dust sealing and thermal management. Understanding of product Qualification / Reliability parameters; provide Root Cause analysis on failures related to process or materials.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to perform hand or FEA calculations for stress and thermal is required. Demonstrated experience of Finite Element Analysis for structural and heat transfer applications highly desireable.
- Experience designing injection molded plastics, cast metals, sheet metals, injection and compression molded rubbers and TPE's, rigid and flexible printed circuit boards. Knowledge of DFA / DFM requirements is desirable.
- Experience in working with industrial design, product marketing, suppliers, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing is preferred
5 - 10
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering required MSME desirable - Minimum of 5+ years of experience with product development process and 3D Modeling tools.