Mechanical Engineer - Electronics (Anderson, SC Plant)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics (Anderson, SC Plant)
Position ID: req4559
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 8/3/2016
A person in this position will participate in the mechanical development of essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers. Development and design is centered on mechanical enclosures for the support of electronic controls systems and electrical components for a new refrigerator and/or Freezer product. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop technical solutions to electronic assemblies and user interfaces include initial scoping, design concept generation, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch
* Participate in a team driving the design and development of refrigerator and/or freezer products managing the mechanical aspects of the electronics portion from inception through production launch
* Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations
* Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-system. Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development
* Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail
* Interface with electrical applications engineers to understand product requirements and develop specification documentation and identify what new designs are needed to support new products
* Coordinate with internal and external project resources to meet project deliverables
* Ability to analyze, problem solve, and apply best design practices to ensure successful product introduction using tools such as: risk assessments, design reviews, & DFMEA s
* Participates in cross functional team meetings and associated activities
* Participates in global team meetings and associated activities
* Participates in product builds taking place in the manufacturing facility
* Participates in system and subsystem reviews
* Review new hardware technologies available on the market & determine any benefit to refrigeration
* Bachelor s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Experience with design, application, and manufacturing of various mechanical assemblies for electronics. (Specific examples include plastics for user interfaces, enclosures for electric design, lenses for LED lighting, wire harness grommet design, and mounting brackets for electronics)
* Proficient with design concept generation, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities
* Proficiency in designing for plastic injection molding
* Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met
* Ability to design mechanical structures, including components and systems that are consumer facing to prescribed engineering and aesthetic specifications
* Ability experience in designing for automated manufacturing, ergonomic considerations, and error proofing
* Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation
* Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products
* Communication skills to serve as an agent of collaborative innovation, and quality improvement
* Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking, and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives
* Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats
* Experience with computer applications: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio.
* Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams
* Ability to organize and manage personal tasks in order to effectively support multiple projects, for on time, on budget, and excellent quality release
* Experience User Interfaces or Man Machine Interfaces
* Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry is a plus.
* Prior roles working with safety agencies (UL, CSA, TUV, etc) is a plus.
* Strong knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes.
* Experience with design for Light Transition and/or Lenses
* Experience with self and/or mutual capacitance technology.
* Experience with LED implementations for lighting.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.