Mechanical Engineer, Entry Level (Management Associate)- Beaumont, TX GER01994
At Gerdau our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit.
Gerdau proudly offers the Management Associate Program, a flagship program known to develop future generations of leaders for the company, as an intensive 18 month development path that utilizes on-the-job learning, classroom training, coaching and ongoing mentorship by senior management.
The Program's objective is to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest people who are aligned with our culture and values. We strive to turn MAP graduates into our future managerial and technical leaders. Duties & Responsibilities
In the Gerdau Management Associate Program, you will learn about the opportunities and challenges of being one of the largest steel producers in the world. In 18 months, the program provides a broad learning experience with broad business acumen within a Company that operates in different markets and cultures. It is an opportunity to grow and expand your world vision.
The overall program includes development of managerial, interpersonal, analytical, technical and general business acumen. During the 18 month development program, you will develop a core understanding of Gerdau Business Systems, how to work in a fast-paced team environment, and the culture that will help prepare you for a leadership or technical role within the company.
Working at Gerdau is an opportunity to be part of a team that is a benchmark in the industry in which it operates. The Management Associate Program includes a Mentoring Program, a unique feature designed to help you build a successful career. Your Mentor will be a Gerdau professional with experience and impact in the organization, who will facilitate your integration with Gerdau, help you understand Gerdau's values and business culture and streamline your training by giving you technical knowledge and business vision. The Individual
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2016/2017 college graduate - recently completed or be in the process of completing degree before program starts
- Minimum GPA 2.5; Preferred GPA 3.0 or higher
- Preference for a degree related internship experience
- Preferred experience with Data analysis, AutoCAD, Inventor
- A maximum of 3 years full time work experience
- Well-rounded applicants with leadership roles in student organizations or extra-curricular activities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring current or future sponsorship for employment
- Willing to relocate to various locations within the United States or Canada during the length of the program
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.