Mechanical Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Develops product concepts and detailed designs, as directed, prototype generation and testing, conducts detailed studies to support design decisions, and maintains records of design process in accordance with sound design practice and ISO requirements, by performing the following duties directly or through subordinates when so directed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyzes product and equipment specifications to support decisions on initial design direction
* Keeps abreast of the latest technology developments to ensure the company sees available opportunities for technical improvements in products and services and/or cost reductions
* Keeps abreast of the companys product offerings, within the area of involvement, to support decisions on initial design direction
* Maintains a working knowledge of the companys manufacturing operations to understand the strengths and weaknesses of design concepts from the point of view of manufacturability within the company
* Conducts feasiblility, cost, optimization, stress, fluids, and thermal analyses
* Provides technical information concerning manufacturing and/or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect plant and product engineering planning
* Confers with research personnel and other technical functions as required to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs
* Maintains a working knowledge of general industry and specific agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs
* Prepares and directs others in the preparation of design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications
* Directs and coordinates prototype efforts
* Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish and/or evaluate performance standards and limits for new or existing products
* Plans, develops, conducts and oversees experimental test programs
* Plans and holds meetings when appropriate
* Prepares and presents reports and presentations as needed
* Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
#external EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline, with 0-3 years of relavent experience,
* Associates degree in a technical discipline and 2-4 years of related experience, or
* Eight years of related experience, at least two years of which will have been in responsible charge of engineering work, or
* An equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
* Ability to prepare presentations, and reports, and articles for publication, in the appropriate formats, ability to present same to management and/or other groups
* Demonstrated capability with fire dynamics modeling and performance based design projects
* Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply advanced math concepts from algebra and calculus, including, but not limited to exponents, logarithms, trigonometry, polynomial equations/solutions, and statistics
* Ability to apply these concepts to such tasks as: the determination of test reliability and validity, the analysis of variance, correlation, sampling and factor analysis
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables