Mechanical Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About the Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
Complete detailed designs for a broad range of complex products across a diverse customer base, providing expert mechanical engineering design services and leadership throughout all stages of the product development life cycle.
* Develop mechanical, product and system concepts at the system/part/component level that satisfy the customer's requirements. Transfer these ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low low-to-mid volume manufacturing processes
* Build breadboard mock-ups and proof of principle models and deliver prototype units to customers by selecting components, procuring or fabricating models and hands-on assembly
* Engineer, implement and verify the mechanical design of parts, components and assemblies in 3D CAD and appropriate analysis tools.
* Interface with customers to include the presentation of options to solve tough mechanical problems/issues and present trade-offs with guidance from other engineers as necessary
* Develop and execute mechanical design verification test plans per requirements and specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements
* Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner
Skills & Abilities
* Experience detailing parts using 3D CAD modeling tools and produce required 2D documentation and Bill of Materials in accordance with standard design practices such as ANSI.14, GD&T and general tolerance guidelines
* Understanding of engineering analysis techniques (FEA, CFD, Thermal, Fluids, etc.) and/or ability to compare results using lab tests/mock-ups. Ability to design experiments is highly desirable
* Strong problem-finding and problem-solving abilities with regard to mechanical design issues, DOE and root cause analysis
* Strong knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding
* Exposure and working knowledge in mechanical part/component design for manufacturing in a variety of processes such as blow molding, pressure and thermoforming, machining, casting, and/or sheet metal fabrication
* Ability to apply theoretical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering analysis/practices (i.e. materials, tolerances, component specifications, trade-off analysis, structural and thermal/fluid analysis calculations and tools)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position; a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
* Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable
* Experience with Pro/E and/or SolidWorks is desired
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!