Mechanical Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
The Mechanical Engineer will perform design work associated with plant projects, development of new equipment and upgrading of existing equipment to optimise plant operation, increase capacity and improve reliability.
* Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
* Create safe job procedures for new employees.
* Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs), lubrication schedules, spares requirements and bills of materials (BOMs) for new equipment.
* Provide technical expertise to all process areas.
* Prepare cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan.
* Planning, budgeting, scheduling and efficient execution of plant projects.
* Interface with contractors utilized in plant and project work, including solicitation of quotations, selection and field direction.
* Interface with vendors, including evaluation of equipment and recommendation of plant items for procurement.
* Assistance with preventative/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
* Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Paretos, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
* Assist with facilitation of continuous improvement processes such as RCA, FMEA, etc.
* Responsible for communicating maintenance engineering improvement needs within the facility to the maintenance manager.
* Assist with planning and supervision of plant outages.
* Work with area leaders and warehouse staff to optimise spares inventory.
* Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years in heavy industrial mechanical maintenance, mechanical project work, plant construction or supervision.
Additional Requirements: Expertise in heavy industrial hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems and knowledge of the cement manufacturing process is preferred.
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP, Autocad, Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Direct Reports (# of): 0 employees
Direct Reports (Titles):
Indirect Reports (# of): 0 employees
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: