Mechanical Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRelocation assistance:Yes.
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Skills: Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, capital funding, Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
* Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
* Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
* Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
* Uses basic Focused Improvement (FI) tools to solve special cause maintenance issue.
* Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
* Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM's that drive improved reliability.
* Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
* Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
* Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
* Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
* Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
* Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
* Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
* Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
* Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
* Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
* Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
* Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research, purchase, inventory, logistics and maintenance of spare parts stores area.
* Development of detailed maintenance tasks.
* Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers.
* Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
* Three to five (3-5) years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
* Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets.
* Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
* Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to understand operating principles of our major process equipment (detail level, grade dependent).
* Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, and capital funding.
* Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine & fluid dynamics.
* Minor structural, building design improvements.
* PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic) and AutoCAD LT.
MUST HAVE PLANT/MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE.
MUST HAVE MECHANICAL ENGINEER DEGREE
MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WORKING ON A MANUFACTURING FLOOR/TROUBLESHOOTING.