Mechanical Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 2/25/2017
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a MECHANICAL ENGINEER II. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Participate in integrated product development teams.
* Design and analyze oxygen generation/regulation products for life support with complex mechanical and pneumatic components.
* Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
* Design and analyze packaging for electronic products to be used in harsh environmental conditions.
* Work within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
* Develop test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
* Work closely with suppliers on component and product development.
* Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
* Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
* Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
* Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
* Design products and product improvements in Pro Engineer / Creo or by working with Designers using Pro Engineer / Creo.
* Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
* Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
* 3 years post graduate engineering experience.
* Experience with analysis, problem solving, and conducting root-cause/corrective action analyses.
* Experience writing technical reports.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
* Internship experience in design and analysis.
* Desire to become expert in modeling software.
* Knowledge of Pro Engineer / Creo.
* Experience in writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Lorie Warren