Mechanical Engineer II (Palm Springs Area, 4/10 Work Week)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Mechanical Engineer II, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of five wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies produces Countermeasure Flares and related products for the global defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA with additional locations in the states of Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina as well as one site in the United Kingdom.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 650
Title: Mechanical Engineer II
Job Family: Mechanical & Design Engineers
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
Performs engineering assignments making use of mechanics, physics, thermodynamics, mathematics, hydraulics, and related mechanical engineering subjects. Designs and implements molding tooling equipment for in-house use, and improves manufacturing methods. Supports the quality and quantity goals and objectives. Works with maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and with vendors in solving tooling problems. Supports research and development projects as required. Able to work independently on assigned engineering tasks.
* Designs, analyzes, and improves equipment, manufacturing methods, and processes to meet Safety, Quality, Production, and reliability requirements.
* Estimates tooling and spare parts required for production.
* Troubleshoots processes and equipment, debugs new equipment and tooling, and supervises the installation of new equipment. Qualifies tooling.
* Supports Quality and Production with technical knowledge and skills.
* Provides training to affected personnel from tooling or process changes.
* Checks engineering drawings in accordance with engineering standards, determines and specifies fits of details & assemblies, i.e., process safety management, DoD contractor safety manual, etc.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Four (4) year degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Good math skills, computer skills, knowledge of measuring instruments, gauges, and machine tools.
* Capable of innovating existing methods to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
* Capable of prioritization of work load to support the business goals.
* Not less than three (3) years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, with tool and/or machine design experience.
* Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website, www.esterline.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
- Previous work experience in supporting manufacturing.
- Ability to design new and support current Automation Equipment in a manufacturing facility.
- Trouble Shooting Skills to determine root cause and prevent re-occurrence,
- Electrical controls experience - Programming, PLC, etc for controlling manufacturing equipment and process
- Ability to determine design requirements, Create Design Reviews Presentations, write standard work procedures and provide training to employees.
Planning and performing verification / validation of new products and equipment to produce new products for LEAN manufacturing.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).