Mechanical Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
MECHANICAL ENGINEER III with our Design Engineering Group.
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
Innovative Design Engineering Services Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Designs and develops customer products and the design of test fixtures and manufacturing tooling. Performs basic to high complexity design assignments.
* Create detailed drawings of mechanical components using industry standard drafting practices
* Demonstrate good problem solving skills and the ability to make sound basic technical decisions
* Demonstrate day-to-day project activity organization in accordance with MCAD development procedures
* Demonstrate the ability to work within the MCAD development and project teams
* Demonstrate a basic understanding of various technologies with an area of knowledge in at least one of the following areas: sheet-metal, plastic parts, castings, electromechanical mechanisms, machined parts and the processes and tooling and technologies used for manufacture
* Ability to make judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques for non-complex situations - may require involving leadership prior to final decision
* Demonstrate knowledge of material selection for manufacturing customer products, tooling and test fixtures
* Effective organization and prioritization skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
* Ability to work well individually or in teams
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers
* Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
* Available for travel up to 5% of the time, including day and overnight travel as required
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Develop complex drawings of components and assemblies
* Perform complex drafting and design duties such as tolerance analysis, material selection, selection of fabrication methods
* Demonstrate an advanced understanding of Design for Excellence (DFX) philosophy and promote with customers
* Drive and lead research and development for new design methods and tools
8+ years of experience in mechanical engineering, including 3D modeling and CAD * Master of advanced technologies and applications * Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions * Demonstrate an understanding of various advanced technologies with an area of expertise in at least one of the following areas: sheet-metal, plastic parts, castings, electromechanical mechanisms, machined parts and the processes and tooling and technologies used for manufacture * Demonstrate a strong understanding of mechanism design; Ability to creatively and efficiently design mechanical portions of products, tooling and test fixtures based on various applications and technologies * Ability to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques * Demonstrate advanced knowledge of material selection for manufacturing customer products, tooling and test fixtures
4 year Engineering or Technical Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment