Mechanical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT JOB
JOB TITLE: Mechanical/Maintenance Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full Time
JOB FUNCTION: Engineering
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Mid-senior
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's degree
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Professionals
COMPENSATION: $71,000 - $110,000
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV
SKILLS: grade dependent, Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, capital funding, Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
* Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
* Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
* Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
* Uses basic Focused Improvement (FI) tools to solve special cause maintenance issue.
* Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
* Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM's that drive improved reliability.
* Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
* Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
* Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
* Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
* Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
* Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
* Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
* Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
* Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
* Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
* Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
* Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research, purchase, inventory, logistics and maintenance of spare parts stores area.
* Development of detailed maintenance tasks.
* Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers.
* Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Bachelor's Degree in mechanicalengineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
* Three to five (3-5) years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
* Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets.
* Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
* Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to understand operating principles of our major process equipment (detail level, grade dependent).
* Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, and capital funding.
* Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine & fluid dynamics.
* Minor structural, building design improvements.
* PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic) and AutoCAD LT.
Responsible for managing equipment and labor costs within the department's budget.
Assists in maintaining set parameters and makes recommendations for budgetary expenditures.
It is North America's leading brand of sustainable exterior and interior building products. Headquartered in Malvern, Pa., it has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100years, through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products. Founded in 1904, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name. It is the world's largest building products company, and it is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
They have a staff of more than 5,700 employees and operate more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012.