This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Diversified Industrial Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe company is located a few miles SW of Milwaukee and is one of the multi-operational locations of the manufacturing company. Corporate is in the Chicago area with plants in the midwest and southeast.
This is a great Lean Company with 90years of sucessful operation.
The Company is seeking a talented Engineer to be responsible for the design and development of manufacturing processes by utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, tooling and equipment capabilities. Also provides mechanicalengineering support to the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works closely with operators to troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day issues with an emphasis on continuous improvement, procedures and operations metrics.
2. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing processes and methods through the application of Lean Manufacturing techniques
3. Confers with management and engineering in regards to manufacturing capabilities.
4. Manages processes and equipment improvement projects. Project management may include capital expenditure justification, vendor selection, contractor supervision and resource coordination.
5. Improves and develop competencies in core process technologies and maintain knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes.
6. Use data analysis to identify and implement cost savings and process improvements.
7. Participates in 5s Events and Kaizen related events.
8. Participate in or leads cross functional team meetings.
9. Prioritizes and responds to operation needs with urgency and professionalism.
10. Own and role model Compan values and behaviors by embracing and participating in an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
11. Complies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
12. Complies with Company Quality Standards.
13. Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
14. Has the authority to stop machine and process to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify appropriate management personnel when processes are noncompliant.
15. Assists in the process of customer quoting.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Change Agent. Actively seeks to create and energize positive change. Can site examples of change that were good in the community or organization. Is supportive of change, seeks to identify and understand the benefits included in the change, and leads change efforts by example. Is cognitive of the impact attitude has on the change process.
2. Analytical Skills. The individual collects and synthesizes complex or diverse information, and uses intuition and experience to complement the information.
3. Problem Solving. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
4. Interpersonal Skills. The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to the other's ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
5. Communication. Communicates effectively both orally and written. Effective one on one or in small groups. Demonstrates fluency and organized thought. Has an easy command of the language. Keeps people informed. Gives thought to "who" needs to be told "what" and helps others to recognize the communication chain. Is appropriate in all forms of communication, taking into account the audience, subject, and culture.
6. Planning & Organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Also, the individual has the ability to think ahead and plan over a three to six month time span.
7. Quality Control. The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
8. Dependability. The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
9. Safety & Security. The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree or comparable technical degree in Mechanical Engineering. 1 -3years' operational experiencepreferred.