Mechanical Engineer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Provide design continuation engineering support for RTG Implantable Neuro System and implantable drug pump devices, used for movement disorders, gastro uro and pain therapies.
* Projects require the ability to support design changes that are primarily mechanical in nature. Engineering support may be under the direction of an engineering lead and/or project manager.
* The key at being successful in this job is the ability to multi-task, work effectively cross functionally, drive projects to closure within specified timelines and be flexible on project assignments.
* The engineer will be expected to evaluate existing products and provide design changes that improve manufacturability, quality, reliability, safety and reduce cost.
* The engineer must work effectively with Medtronic Neuromodulation Manufacturing, Supply Management, Quality, Reliability, and Regulatory functions to qualify and implement design changes. Perform detailed design analysis on critical design elements. Participate, support or potentially lead corrective action teams to resolve quality issues.
* Requirements for this job are a BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or BS Biomedical
* Engineering with some relevant engineering experience in design or product development (relevant internship experience will be considered).
PREFERRED:* Understanding of regulatory requirements and processes strongly desiredpreferred but not required.
* Ability to work independently with minimal oversight within product development process and complete tasks on time.
* Skills and competencies include: good written and oral communication skills, ability to effectively lead projects or project elements in a cross functional team environment, effective teaming skills; strong presentation skills, strong technical writings skills.
* Engineers that thrive on variety and flexible project assignments will enjoy this position.
* Understanding manufacturing processes and qualitysystems is beneficial but not required; computer competency, problem solving skills, time management skills, strong team work and multi-tasking skills are strongly desired.
* Knowledge and experience using DFSS/Six Sigma is a plus but not required.