Mechanical Engineer New Grad
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONMechanical Engineer (New Grad)Job ID:
JOB TITLE:Mechanical Engineer (New Grad) JOB CODE:SI20161207-12952 JOB LOCATION:
Fort Wayne, IN COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Harris is searching for talented entry level Mechanical Engineers to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge communications and digital communications. Our mechanical engineers produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities.* Perform, design and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical devices, aerospace mechanism design, complex electronics packaging, supporting space-based deployable mechanisms, avionics, phased array antennas, innovative thermal and ground based systems.
* Program support includes mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, thermal analysis, structural analysis, component selection, integration and test support, materials selection, CAD 3D solid modeling, design documentation and collaboration with manufacturing operations for fabrication in a program team environment.
* In charge of various environmental testing activities ranging from development to final product qualification testing. Responsible for understanding customer needs, generating test procedures and finally executing the test.
* Structural analyst with experience in component stress analysis, design development through incorporation of analytical techniques, normal modes, buckling, deflection, stiffness and random vibration analysis for sub-system developmentand/or composites structures analysis techniques. Individual will be responsible for leading analysis and design efforts and collaborating results with other teams and teammates (system, thermal, optical and electrical). Final structural development will be integrated into the overall system design. Analysis effort will require multiple concurrent modeling efforts, rapid turn-around evaluations of various technologies, including consideration for space-borne and launch environments. QUALIFICATIONS:* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Materials Science Engineering
* GPA of 3.0 or greater required PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:* CAD or analysis (FEA) tools exposure, and/or experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, mechanisms, for spacecraft, aircraft, robotics, ground vehicle systems, and electromechanical systems. Familiarity with transducer instrumentation, data collection and or automation and software programming for numerical analysis.
* Knowledge and experience with Structural analysis packages (eg Patran, Nastran, Femap, Abaqus, and/or Hyperworks)
* Familiarity with SigFit, Matlab, and Pro/E CAD software Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Mechanical Education Bachelors Degree Job Type Full Time Location USA - IN - Fort Wayne .