Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DETAILS: MECHANICAL ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
RATE: Negotiable + Full Benefits
START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Houston, TX
TYPE: Direct Hire Permanent Placement
REQUIREMENTS: MECHANICAL ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
* A BSME, BSEE or BSAE degree and a minimum of 3years related project experience
* Must have Project Management experience.
* Renewable energy systems & net zero experience a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and web browser applications
* Knowledge of project approach and system design
* Technical writing skills
* LEED and PE Certification preferred
* Hospital Project Experience Reguired (HVAC and Plumbing)
DESCRIPTION: MECHANICAL ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
* The Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer provides high level consultations to the senior engineering staff on the most unique and complex design problems and investigations.
* Establishes new and innovative design and investigative techniques and assists in the development of new technical policies and procedures for the firm.
* Provides guidance to the senior engineering staff, consults with individual engineers, ensures that technical training is available to the most senior members of the engineering staff and that the firm is practicing "state of the art" engineering analysis and design.
* Prepares man-hour budgets, communicates budget information to the project team, monitors profitability of the project, and takes such steps as may be necessary to improve profitability.
* Identify, negotiate, and administer fees for legitimate additional services.
* Schedule work, communicate schedule information to the project team, and monitor manpower requirements.
* Facilitate communication between the client and the project team and documents important issues.