Mechanical Engineer Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer Senior that will design and analyze valves, regulators, oxygen generation systems and other complex mechanical assemblies. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Design and analyze valves, regulators, oxygen generation systems and other complex mechanical assemblies.
* Develop system specifications and test plans to verify models for component or system characteristics.
* Lead small to medium, integrated product development teams.
* Design products and product improvements in Pro Engineer / Creo or by working with Designers using Pro Engineer / Creo.
* Design and analyze packaging for electronics systems to be used in harsh environmental conditions.
* Responsible for in house as well as off-site qualification test programs.
* Work closely with suppliers on component and sub-system development.
* Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
* Work within team to develop predictive models using systems.
* Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
* Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
* Provide technical expertise to support Manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
* Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified or upgraded products.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Biomedical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
* 5 years engineering experience.
* Experience with analysis, problem solving, and conducting root-cause/corrective action analyses.
* Experience writing technical reports.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Experience with pneumatic systems.
* Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
* Knowledge of Pro Engineer / Creo.
* Experience with modeling/simulation software packages like MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape, Flowmaster, Easy5, and ANSYS.
* Familiar with MS Project.
* Experience writing specifications, test plans, procedures and reports.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Lorie Warren